SurTCV, the community volunteering charity, works every day across the UK to create healthier and happier communities for everyone by connecting people and green spaces to deliver lasting outcomes for both.
* Help and advice for people in local communities wishing to improve their environment.
* Practical conservation opportunities.
* Residential projects in the UK and abroad.
* Training and learning opportunities (ranging from managing wildlife gardens, wetlands or woodlands, to leadership skills and health and safety).
* Conservation work may involve, for example, developing a community garden, managing a local nature reserve, coppicing or maintaining footpaths.
* Usually six to twelve volunteers work on a project, providing an enjoyable experience of meeting other volunteers.